Monday, September 1, 2014

Harmony


SOLD
Here are a few steps to show how I lay out the tulip painting!  Start by covering the canvas in transparents colors.  Then add white to shape where the tulips are. Then I just keep adding detail.  And then I added the background of Payne's grey to darken the background and pop the tulips out!
Hope this helps a little.  I have got to figure out video so I can add video to my blogs!! If only there was two of me.:)
Hope you had a great weekend.

P.S.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.


3 comments:

  1. Your paintings are beautiful! I found the post of your process for the tulips helpful. Surprisingly, I am going to try it on a painting of a blond Labrador Retriever, not a tulip. Ha.

    (I am also doing the 30 n 30 challenge)

    Thanks for the help. molly tuttle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Molly, glad that it helped I will post another next week! All the best in 30 in 30 days!

    ReplyDelete