Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Morning Sunshine

So I went to Costco yesterday and I picked up some irises to piant.  I normally set them up in my studio so I have a  good steady light source and everything.  That would be the easy thing for me to do... Instead  I saw the morning light shinning through the kitchen window and I thought why not.  So instead of bringing the flowers to the easel I brought the easel over to where I had the flowers. I set them there so they would open up, instead I ended up painting them where they looked best.  I think that is one of the great things about art you get inspiration from all around you.  It's rewarding everytime  I push paint around I have fun.

P.S.  "I saw the angel in marble and I carved until I set him free." (Michelangelo)

No comments:

Post a Comment